We've all been there; we come in from working outside and everyone is hungry. You open the pantry door and you don't have a clue what to make. To you it looks like nothing but I have a few tricks I have learned from living where there isn't a store right down the road. We plan ahead because it can be a couple of weeks or even a month before you can make it to town again. I have learned from my Mother and my Grandmother how to make something from just about nothing and stretch what you have. I hope it helps!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

COWBOY COOKIES

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. white sugar

1 c. shortening

2 eggs

2 c. flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

2 c. oatmeal

1 pkg. chocolate chips

Cream the brown sugar, white sugar and shortening. Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment