We've all been there; we come in from working outside and everyone is hungry. You open the pantry door and you don't have a clue what to make. To you it looks like nothing but I have a few tricks I have learned from living where there isn't a store right down the road. We plan ahead because it can be a couple of weeks or even a month before you can make it to town again. I have learned from my Mother and my Grandmother how to make something from just about nothing and stretch what you have. I hope it helps!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

There is nothing like banana bread straight from the oven. Since my over is in a box in the garage waiting its turn to be installed, I went to my moms with a 40 pound sack of frozen bananas, to make banana bread, besides she is baby-sitting my new Black Kichen Aid Mixer and I wanted to try it out.
Just a tip: I throw my "too ripe" bananas in a zip lock in the freezer and wait for a good day to make bread.
I Love my Banana Bread recipe, I got it from a friend at work a long time ago and even though I have other recipes this one is so fast and easy, I have it memorized. Give it a try!

Banana Bread

Preheat oven to 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, toward the end of the time I test it often with a pick.
2 eggs
3 bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 cube butter)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
mix these ingredients then add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
then......the best part, sprinkle the top of the batter with brown sugar!
this recipe makes one large loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment